A Word About Accessible Rentals
I get calls from time to time about accessible and affordable rentals in our area. Unfortunately, there is not a good central place for researching rentals that have accessible features. Below are some options that might help.
You Could Try An Independent Living Center In Your Area:
- Center for Independent Living – Berkeley, www.cilberkeley.org 510-841-4776
- Center for Independent Living – Oakland, www.cilberkeley.org 510-763-9999
- Community Resources for independent Living (Hayward), www.cril-online.org 510-881-5743
- Independent Living Resource (Contra Costa & Solano Counties), 925-363-3394
- Silicon Valley Independent Living Center (San Jose), www.svilc.org 408-894-9041
- Independent Living Resource Center (San Francisco), www.ilrcsf.org 415-543-6222
Please note that this is just a partial list of independent living centers around the Bay Area.For more information about an Independent Living Center near you, click here.
On-Line Apartment Hunting Websites Include:
Senior Adults Can Call The Following Organizations For Help With Their Apartment Search:
St. Mary’s Center 510-893-4723(must be 55 years or older)
Alameda County Agency on Housing 510-567-8040 (must be 62 years or older)
For Emergency Or Transitional SHORT TERM Housing:
Eden Information & Referral – Call 2-1-1